Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What's happening in UF?

I'm 100% ready to admit I'm SLACKIN' in the reading department lately. Between writing, my business, doing some Beta reading (paying it forward for the day when this new MS is done)  and my twitter addiction I really haven't had as much time to read as I would like. On top of that, the things I have been reading have been-- well, not blog specific-- not sexy, not UF or all of the above.

I have read a few things including Divine Misfortune by A. Lee Martinez which I enjoyed.

I haven't gotten the new Sookie Stackhouse book yet. I'll probably wait for paperback since I NEED to have a no new books on the shelves policy-- having a whole room devoted just to books I MUST have on hand is fine, but keeping books just because I spent $30 on them-- less so.

I have given into the hype and read Game of Thrones-- and I bought the complete set, so I'll be reading all of those. ( I still maintain that I don't like Epic Fantasy. I'm not a dork. I'm not a Dork. I'm not a Dork!)


I also have more than a few books that I am looking forward to... The new Jesse James Dawson book A Shot in the Dark comes out on July 5th. The new Dresden Novel Ghost Story  and the new Jane True book will both be out on July 26th. Possess, a debut from the oh-so-sassy Gretchen McNeil is out in late August.  Aloha from Hell, the latest Sandman Slim book, won't be out till Oct 18th (right before I go to Ireland! Perfect plane reading!)

What am I missing? What should be on my list of things to read? What are you looking forward to?

2 comments:

lexcade said...

hey hey hey, now. loving epic fantasy doesn't automatically = dork. however, wearing a cape and reenacting favorite scenes....that might help. ;)

Unknown said...

I AM a dork. A dork in denial. If I read URBAN fantasy, I can pretend I'm COOL.